(SEM VII) THEORY EXAMINATION 2020-21
[Time: 3:00 Hours] Total Marks: 70
Note: Attempt all Sections. If require any missing data: then choose suitably.
- Attempt all questions in brief. 2 x 7 = 14
- List the differences between CAD/CAM.
- What is Bezier surfaces?
- Why B-rep modeling approach are widely followed than CSG approach.
- What is tool compensation?
- What is rapid prototyping?
- Explain the input and the output devices in CAD.
- What is Robot? Discuss its various types.
2 . Attempt any three questions in brief. 7 x 3 = 21
- Differentiate between constructive solid geometry and boundary representation.
- What is DNC system? How is it different from NC system?
- Explain the DDA line generation techniques for line with different slopes. What are the limitations of DDA algorithm?
- Explain constructive solid geometry. What is the role of primitives and Boolean operations in CSG?
- What is transformation? Explain the terms; translation, rotation, scaling and reflection. Write their transformation also.
3. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- What is the basic principle of Rapid prototyping? Explain the general features of rapid prototyping techniques with examples.
- What are NC machine tools? Discuss features, basic components, and co-ordinate system of NC machine tools.
4. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- A triangle with coordinate as A (5, 5), B (40, 40) and C (90, 10) is to be rotated about B (40, 40) by 60 degree clockwise. Find out the transformed coordinates.
- Discuss various types of quadric and super quadric surfaces available in the graphics package. What do you understand by the Blobby Objects?
5. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- What is FEM? Writes its general procedure in engineering design. Also write the applications of FEM.
- Define the Bezier curve with suitable example and diagram. State its properties, merits and demerits.
6. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- Define robotics. Explains the law that guides the Robots. How are robots classified?
- Explain the importance of adaptive control in machining operations. Also discuss various part classification and coding system used in GT.
7. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- What is CAPP and discuss the benefits of CAPP. Discuss various types of CAPP systems.
- Discuss the types of manufacturing systems in CIMS. Also discuss various types of layout consideration of FMS.
Download CAD/CAM Question paper 2020-21
Downloads and Print CAD/CAM || AKTU 2020-21 Question Paper. Learn more CAD/CAM