(SEM VII) THEORY EXAMINATION 2020-21
[Time: 3:00 Hours] Total Marks: 70
Note: Attempt all Sections. If require any missing data: then choose suitably.
- Attempt all questions in brief. 2 x 7 = 14
- State the basis on which automobiles are classified.
- What is chassis? How is its design related to vehicle aerodynamics?
- How are automobiles streamlined based on the transmission?
- What are the stresses to which the frame members are subjected to?
- Define the term ‘double declutching ‘used in sliding mesh gear box.
- Define Cornering force and cornering power.
- Why are fuel cells not preferred for automobiles now?
2 . Attempt any three questions in brief. 7 x 3 = 21
- A single cylinder engine running at 180 rpm develops a torque of 8 Nm. The indicated power of the engine 1.8 KW. Find the loss due to friction power as the percentage of brake power.
- Sketch and explain various steering geometries.
- Explain the various sensors used in an electronic engine management system and their functions.
- Explain the working of lightning system of an automotive with neat sketch.
- Explain in details about the engine emission control by three way catalytic converter system.
3. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- A car moves along a horizontal road against a resistance of 400 N. What is the greatest speed (in kmph) the car can reach if the engine has a maximum power of 16 KW?
- Compute the reaction forces, maximum acceleration and tractive effort for vehicle driving on front wheel drive, rear wheel drive and all-wheel drive.
4. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- Explain with a simple sketch, working of centrifugal type of clutch and why free play should be provided for clutch.
- What are camber and caster angles, what are its significance in steering geometry.
5. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- Explain with a schematic diagram, working of a rigid axle front wheel suspension system.
- Explain with a simple sketch, working of power brakes in a commercial automobile.
6. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- What are the types of electronic ignition system? Describe any one of them clearly stating its advantages over conventional ignition system.
- What is the difference between fuel injection engine and carbureted engines? Explain in details.
7. Attempt any one part of the following: 7 x 1 = 7
- Briefly explain the mechanism of formation of pollutants in automobile exhaust.
- Explain with neat sketch the working of fuel cell and also its advantages & disadvantages.
Download AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING Question paper 2020-21
Downloads and Print AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING || AKTU 2020-21 Question Paper. Learn more AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING